Monday, February 19, 2018

Putting it all together

John 7:24 I can judge if I judge righteously.

A lot of people think that they should avoid judging anything like the plague. I have heard many times where I would say something about someone and they would say "don't judge her/him!" but I feel like it is ok to judge things. I think the scriptures just mention that we can't make a final judgment. there was a missionary on the mission where I served who would always yell at people and say "Terrestrial!" if we did anything wrong. It was quite annoying. And in his case, he was condemning people to a final judgment. He should not do that. But if I had a guy that had tattoos, cuts on their arms, obscene language and pictures on their clothes apply to babysit my kid compared to a girl who is a child development major, then I would choose the girl. Most likely she would be the better candidate to babysit kids. But I can't know for sure who would be a better babysitter. The guy with the tattoos might have grown up with 12 other siblings and might be a great babysitter while the girl in the child development class might have homicidal tendencies.  But chances are those would not be the case. I appreciate that our church is not a stickler for judging. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I feel like we are pretty reasonable and logical people and just want to do the best we can. I don't ever hear from people in the church I attend that "I shouldn't judge them." But I also don't judge people out loud very often either. 

I feel like that we are left to judge for ourselves many things. But the final judgment of someone should be left to only God. I feel like the blessings of my church (LDS) giving us the ability to judge had helped me a lot in my life. I can judge what restaurants would be better, what friends I should hang out with, and schools that I should attend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment