Saturday, March 24, 2018

Boundaries

As a Parent, you have to set limits and boundaries for your children. Otherwise, they will walk all over you. Whenever you give into a boundary to your son or daughter you want to make it known to them that you are letting them break a boundary so that you can build a relationship with them. For example, if I said "dinner time!" And my kids wanted to finish their game really quick before they came upstairs to eat dinner, I would say "ok I will let you finish your game, but I'm letting you do this because I love you and I want to build a relationship with you. you are not getting out of eating dinner as a family."
That way your point is clear about why you are letting them play their game for a bit. They know that you aren't just afraid of the power struggle and conflict of them not wanting to come upstairs to eat dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment